FOR UP TO DATE CONSTRUCTION INFORMATION INCLUDING SCHEDULE CLICK HERE
- Construction on Main Street in downtown Great Barrington will begin in mid- July 2014.
- The Contract is under the supervision of Massachusetts Department of Transportation (DOT). The primary contractor is JH Maxymillian of Pitttsfield.
- Mass DOT and the Contractor will maintain an office at: 271 Main Street for the duration of the project (same building as Barnbrook Realty and TD Bank)
- Contact information is:
Michael Wall, Mass DOT Resident Engineer (413) 325-4572
- Hours of construction are between 7:00 am and 3:30 pm Monday through Friday.
- There will be no construction between Castle Street and Elm Street during July and August.
- Two-way traffic will be maintained.
- Pedestrian access to business will also be maintained.
- The project is scheduled for completion by late Spring 2016.
The Main Street Reconstruction Project will reconstruct Main Street (Route 7) from St. James Place (Taconic Avenue) north to Cottage Street, a distance of about one-half mile. This project will include the replacement of the roadway and pavement as well as infrastructure improvements such as sidewalks, drainage, curbs, traffic signals, crosswalks, and lighting. Landscaping includes 80 new trees of a variety of species and sizes. Street furniture includes benches, bike racks, and containers for trash and recycling.
Pedestrian and bicycle safety will be enhanced.
For more information, please contact Joe Sokul, Great Barrington DPW Superintendent at (413) 528-0867 or email: [Link] firstname.lastname@example.org