The responsibilities of the Planning Board are established by Mass General Law and Include but are not limited to the following:
- Adopting a master plan and official map of the town
- Adopting subdivision rules and participating in definitive plan reviews
- Drafting and submitting zoning amendments to town voters for consideration
- Holding public hearings and reporting on such zoning amendments
- Recommending roads for municipal consideration
- Serving as site plan review authority
Meeting agendas are set and posted no later than 48 hours in advance of the meeting. In order for the Board to officially act on any issue, it must be listed on the agenda. Therefore, in order to be put on the agenda, please call or e-mail the Town Planner not later than 72 hours (3 days) in advance with your request and provide any background materials the Board might need.