Marriage Intentions

You need to have a marriage license to get married in Massachusetts. You can apply for a license from any city or town in the state- it doesn't have to be the town where you live or where your ceremony will be.  Please note that marriage intentions are done only by appointment.

Please contact the Town Clerk's Office at 413-528-1619, press 2, then press 1, to schedule an appointment and find out exactly what you and your future spouse need to do to file marriage intentions and get a marriage license or review this information below:

*Getting Married in Massachusetts

*Filing Intentions in Great Barrington